Friday, April 12, 2013

Upbeat for a change

It's Friday--my favorite day of the workweek.  Everything looks a little better on Friday, doesn't it?  I am determined to be upbeat today.

This Friday is an extra special day, in part, because it's payday!

Driving to bell rehearsal yesterday, I prayed (again) for the Lord to bring enough people so that there would be a full drive.  That would be a miracle at this late date.  Clearly and distinctly, I heard his answer.  I have always been in charge of this drive.  I will always be in charge.  Let me take care of it. Oh yeah!  Why do I forget that?

It's an easy answer, really.  When I'm in charge of a project, I'm in charge.  It's usually pretty simple.  But this time, I got stressed really early and that stressed built and built.  To be honest, I did much more complaining on here than I did to God.  I should know better, but I know I'm forgiven and I'll move on.

So today, I'll be upbeat.  I'll smile at people returning permission slips, returning donor registrations, coming for materials.  I'll eat lunch in the lunch room.  And I'll be thankful with whatever happens.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!