Saturday, April 6, 2013

friendship and sharing

When I woke up today, I knew one thing for certain.  I did not want to go to my sharing group.  I don't know why I didn't--I just didn't.  Not wanting and not doing, though, are two very different things.  I went, and I went, in part, because I have learned that the more I don't want to do something, the more I need to do it.

That's how it was today.  Yesterday seemed to prepare me for today.  One person was missing, but the friend who was there was a person who understood, and I was able to share a lot, get a lot of things in the open.  It helped me to have someone nonjudgemental there, someone who understood and was okay with my weakness.

Do you have someplace you can go to share?  It's really important, you know.  If you do, you're blessed.  If you don't, think about areas in your life that might present themselves for that reason.  You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!