Monday, April 15, 2013

today's events--the Boston Marathon

Today was going to be part two of simplicity, but I can't.  I am uneasy, sad, and still somewhat in denial.  How could someone have done something so heinous as to bomb the Boston Marathon?  And having done that, why would they plan the explosion so that first responders had just enough time to reach the wounded before another bomb went off.  And why would they put shrapnel in these bombs?

I am so sad for those people who were out having a good time, being healthy, and cheering on their families and friends.  I grieve for those who died and were injured, and I pray for whoever decided that the best way to seek justice, revenge, or whatever it was they wanted was to hurt innocent people.

We have entered into a new time in the US.  We are no longer able to be carefree, not even during events that have nothing to do with politics or anything else.  I am sorry for my country today.  I pray for justice today.  And most of all, I ask God to watch over and protect us today.

I know that these things happen, but God, please stop them from happening any more.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!