Tuesday, March 5, 2013

morning conversation

I woke up with you on my mind.
The room seemed to be full of your presence,
As if you had been watching me closely as I slept.

During the day, your voice seems small and quiet
It is hard to hear you through the noise.
But here in the quiet of the morning
You can be clearly heard.

Lord, how is it that you,
The Creator of the Universe
Care enough to be with me in this quiet room at this early hour?
For you are with me, I know.

I feel your love so distinctly,
It is as if you are enveloping me--
A blanket of tenderness that seeks nothing more
Than for me to recognize this quiet time together.

I can't see you, of course.
That won't come till later.
But right now, as we share this moment together,
I will share this cup of coffee with you,
And before I turn to mail
And news
And Facebook,
I will say the one thing that I know how to say,
Inadequate as it is,
Good morning, Lord!
I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!