Monday, February 25, 2013

on procrastination

I meant to write this yesterday--no, last week--no, sometime before that.

I have always meant to write on procrastination, but it always seems to slip my mind.

I am a master procrastinator.  I don't believe in putting off till tomorrow what can be done today.  Tomorrow is way too soon.  I think in terms of vacations.  I could clean my house today, but hey, we have a four-day weekend coming up in just two weeks! Time enough then!

Then when those two weeks pass, "What?  Do housework on my vacation?  There's time enough for housework after break!"

Then, of course, I'm too tired after break, when schedules go back to normal.

So when do I get the housework done?

All you teachers, repeat with me:  IN THE SUMMER!!

Procrastination has long been my enemy.  I have lots of great ideas, and I'll get to them.

Someday.

But someday never seems to come.

I have therefore decided that I must stop this.  I have determined that I must pull myself up by my bootstraps and DO those things that I have long been meaning to do.

I will diet.
I will clean my house.
I will finish the accompaniment tracks for my musical.
I will put my writings into presentable form and submit them for publication.
I will start going to the gym.
I will
I will




…..tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!