Thursday, October 10, 2013

After the tree

When I sat here to write this morning, I was surprised when this came out.  I'd already finished my portrait of Zacchaeus, and I didn't realize that there was more.  Since it came out here first, I'd like to share it with you.  Comments, anyone?

About comments...someone wrote on a blog the other day that the only way he knew that people actually read his posts were if they commented.  Otherwise, they could be bots.  Are you a bot? If not, could you comment?  Thanks!!





Nothing has changed.
My world is the same as it was yesterday,
But everything feels different.

He saw me!
I was up in that tree,
Only wanting to see the man from Nazareth
The teacher from Galilee

And he saw me!

How on earth did he know I was there?
Hidden in the sycamore fig?
How in the world did he know my name?

But he did,
And he bade me come down,
And he treated me as a friend,
And he invited himself for dinner.

Me--
Zaccheaus--
The tax collector.

I said that nothing has changed,
But that isn't quite right.
No, it isn't right at all.

Everything has changed.
My life has new purpose, new meaning.
What was important yesterday
Is nothing today.
And all that is within me is new.

I no longer long for riches--
I only long to be with Him.
Be His follower.

My life is turned inside out,
And I feel that I am well for the first time.

Jesus of Nazareth,
Christ of Galilee,
Messiah.

What would you have me to be?
I will do whatever you want.
Whether it's to be your follower,
your servant,
your clown--

Only say the word.
You healed my soul, 
please,
let me now do something for you.

Wait?
I will see in time?

Very well.
I will walk with you 
And in time,
I will know what I am to do.

For now, 
Lord,
Grant me the patience
To wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!